Saturday, March 8, 2014

Bubble wrap ("you")

I am dreaming of a taxi
and new and old ways to say things to you,
the one who once whispered,
“You kind of look like champagne,”
when I discovered bubble wrap stuck to my shoes –

Well, and so
we can dampen our priorities,
but then we would all be a lukewarm 55 degrees,
checking off the ‘friend box’ like a ‘like’ on Facebook,
losing that necessity of human collisions,
the feeling of danger and floating around --

So instead I feel very lucky
to think about all parts
of being the Madwoman,
unencumbered by narrow-mindedness
referring to the ‘have to know,’
if that’s even possible --

The answer is when I get back,
“you,” and “miss you,” and “glad you,”
how cool is just being able to be you?
I want to go about doing just that --

Otters hold hands while they sleep.
I want to write the events of life
as unconditional love --

No comments:

Post a Comment