Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lovely...indeed, a good thing

When I focus on delighting an audience
it becomes easy to be the girl
tucked around the corner
from a once-upon-a-time market
outside the building
where she sat under a raining roof
and slowly watched her perception
of herself come apart at the seams.

Locked in an automated message,
naked in the middle of an
“I will be back…”
I discover to my dismay that
I cannot retrace my steps
to collect the gumdrop trail
that would lead me back to comfort
and as dusk falls
I also come to understand that
there are no more light bulbs
in the countryside and,
consequently,
as it is with most things,
no way back
and no obvious way forward,
and so I stand
in the midst of a ‘hmmmm’
and decide I must collect
the scattered garments
blown about by chance
so that I might piece them together
anew to discover the truth
and forego the conclusion.

“You’re no longer wanting the pieces of you
that have been folded into someone else,”
she mentioned from a bathtub,
and the truth of the matter was,
she was right.
I am no longer confused
by the ever-changing puzzle
that fakes me out
with a semblance of completion.

If only once,
as we wait to wish all a good night,
I kind of look at my fingertips
and am delightfully flabbergasted
to discover I am lovely, a good thing.
lol. oh gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment