Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bittersweet


"I remember playing football in St. Louis,
it was 20 below,
my high school was an 80-year-old building,
the football field was very small,
I guess some years before 
they had played a game - in the rain - which tore the field,
it was like playing on sandpaper, 
not a pleasant experience. /
I can't tell you how many times 
I was working on a film crew in Chicago,
when you are working a feature film it's insanity, 
they spend money like water,
bumper-to-bumper traffic 
when we would finally leave at 3am. /
I was really rooting for the Bears, 
it was fun to be watching it with somebody,
I think the Vikings will win Saturday,
Packers are getting cocky. /
I was a linebacker, fastest guy out there,
coach is showing us movies,
I don't want to hit the guy,
but I was going as fast as I could. /
Oh really?
Really, his brother-in-law convinced him to go."

Snowflakes sift gently through the freezing air while
2 old men sit, awash in the glow of Minnesota friendly,
gently meandering in Bittersweet Café.


No comments:

Post a Comment