Thursday, January 10, 2013

Who Wraps Easter Presents?


Crap.
It would seem I am

 stuck.

I did not think
I would find myself
here again,
past
between
future
(which is quite silly, really) 
I try to outwit the present, daily,
but whoever wrapped this damn thing
did an excellent job
it’s one of those gifts,
like those trick candles that
manage to revive no matter
how hard you blow
(how does that happen?)
 layers and layers of
striped purple paper
green polka dots sprinkled on light pink,
flying fairies for dreaming princesses,
dancing Santas wishing me an unseasonable Merry Christmas
Easter Bunnies hopping ecstatically
(who wraps Easter presents? That’s what the plastic eggs are for)
and -sigh- finally,
a box!

It contains another box, smaller this time,
brown, cardboard, a tease.
You have to be kidding.

I thought I had gotten to the heart of the matter.

Apologies, I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment